- I saw "Catching Fire" last night with my 20 year old daughter and I really liked it! When I saw the first "Hunger Games" movie in 2012 with both my daughters (then 15 & 19) I had to walk out of the theater before the movie ended because it was too violent. I actually watched this entire movie, didn't fall asleep, and thought the acting and production value was excellent.
- I want to thank all the writers on Widow's Voice http://widowsvoice-sslf.blogspot.com. I start out everyday by reading the daily entries from others who have been through what I'm going through now.
- I am very excited to have been selected as a candidate for the 2014 Woman of the Year for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Arkansas Division. As a 12 year cancer survivor, I'm looking forward to raising funds for such an important organization that helps so many people that have both survived or going through treatment now for blood cancers.
- I am thankful to have spent Thanksgiving this year with my daughter Lauren and her boyfriend Sean at his parent's home in Texas. Since Lauren and Sean are both college students studying International Relations, we also shared this American holiday with 3 exchange students - one from France and two from Germany. We all had a great time!
I recently posted the following entry on my Facebook that list
10 Things About Me:
10 Things About Me:
I’m really not sure what this number thing is, but I was recently given the number “9” by two different friends, both named Lynn! I was also given the number “11” by Kahne because she didn’t want me to feel left out. So I thought I would compromise and reveal 10 things you may (or may not know about me)…
10. I can still remember the first time David Letterman appeared on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. It was during the summer of 1978 and I thought he was so funny! I watched all of his TV appearances for the next several years and was a big fan of Dave during my college days. I went to Los Angeles in April 1984 for a National College Broadcasting Convention with other ASU Radio-TV majors. We found out that Dave was a guest on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson while we were in LA. We had “stand-by” tickets to the taping and stood in line for hours (but were in the wrong line)! By the time we found out where to go, all the seats were gone. My friends Liz and Jeff can tell you that I was crying outside the NBC Studios in Burbank! Although I am no longer a fan of Dave, I have since been to two different tapings of the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Sara & I attended a taping of Conan last summer while we were visiting Darin & Kari. But in the spirit of David Letterman, I am starting my “Top 10” List with Number 10.
9. When I was in Junior High, I had Scarlett Fever and was afraid I was going to go blind like Mary on Little House on the Prairie.
8. My favorite Disney Princess is Belle because she has brown hair and loves to read books.
7. My dog Oreo can find a 3 year old junior Snickers candy bar in an Easter basket, Christmas stocking or Halloween bag in the back of a closet in 10 seconds. And my cat Lilly talks to me and calls me “mama”.
6. I love reading books written by Erma Bombeck.
5. My favorite TV shows range from the musical performances of “Glee”; reality competition shows “Dancing With The Stars” & “American Idol”; intense “Law & Order: SVU”; comedies “The Middle”, “The Michael J. Fox Show”, “Sean Saves The World”, “Super Fun Night”, “Psych” & Modern Family”; dramas “Switched at Birth” & “Pretty Little Liars” and my new addiction, the creepy “American Horror Story: Coven”!
4. I like how I can connect with both old and new friends using Social Media. I have 515 Facebook Friends; 646 Twitter Followers @leslieinlr and have received tweets from Glee actresses Amber Riley (new Dancing With The Stars winner!) & Naya Rivera (Santana); Dule Hill (Gus from Psych); Kristen Chenoweth; Mary Murphy (a judge on So You Think You Can Dance); and Glee Writer/Producer Michael Hitchcock. I also have 4,956 page views on my blog leslieinlittlerock.blogspot.com and it has been read by people in 10 different countries, including Moldova, Germany and France.
3. I love St. Maarten.
2. One summer during high school I worked at the McDonald’s on Geyer Springs Road. Do you want fries with that? I also worked at Mazzio’s Pizza, Cinema 150 Movie Theater and selling pantyhose at the Dillard’s in Park Plaza Mall.
1. Although I never planned to be both a Cancer Survivor and a widow at age 50, I hope I can help others by sharing my story.