About Me

My photo
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
I completed the 2016 Summer Program in the School of Cinematic Arts (SCA) at the University of Southern California (USC) in Los Angeles. I received a BS Degree in Radio/TV from ASU and a MA Degree in Technical and Expository Writing from UALR. As a Cancer Survivor and a Widow, I hope I can help others through my Blog http://leslieinlittlerock.blogspot.com/ Twitter @leslieinlr and Instagram @leslieinlittlerock accounts.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Movie Review for 21 Jump Street

Sara and I were planning on seeing the new movie 21 Jump Street on Friday afternoon. But as I was driving her to school on Thursday morning, we heard Heather & DC on Alice 107.7 say that Poolboy was at the Galleria Shopping Center on Rodney Parham Road giving away free passes to a special screening of the movie that night!   We were on Rodney Parham Road too so we just kept driving until we saw the Alice van in the parking lot of the Goodwill and the old Hooter's Restaurant. Did I mention that Poolboy was dressed as a leprechaun?  And we got to see the movie for free!



21 Jump Street

 




Starring: Jonah Hill as Schmidt and Channing Tatum as Jenko

Also Starring: Erin from The Office, James Franco's younger brother, and one of those rappers that has Ice in his name.

Release Date:  Friday, March 16, 2012

Running Time:  109 minutes

Genres:  Action/Comedy

Rated R for crude and sexual content, pervasive language, drug material, teen drinking and some violence.

Brief Description: A pair of underachieving cops are sent back to a local high school to blend in and bring down a synthetic drug ring.

Leslie's Notes:  I really never watched the TV show "21 Jump Street" when it was on from 1987-1990. All I knew about it was that it starred some really attractive actors who were undercover police officers in high school.  And that Johnny Depp was in it.

But last week we saw a commercial for the new "21 Jump Street" movie starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum that looked really funny!  And recently Jonah Hill was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and he said he co-wrote the script.  And did I mention that Channing Tatum is in the movie?  So for all those reasons I wanted to see the movie the day it came out.  Thanks to a free pass, we saw it the night before. 

I was really surprised that I liked the movie so much!  It is rated R for language and for some violent scenes toward the end of the film. I thought that both Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill were great in the movie and I also liked the performances of the supporting cast.

There are a lot of funny lines in this movie, but the funniest line to me was when Channing Tatum makes a reference to the TV show Glee!

1 comment: